In case you’re not up to speed, allow me to assist you in answering some of your questions concerning the KitchenAid food processor.
Having an equipment that could guarantee you faster and quality work is very essential in kitchens. These equipment helps allows you to enjoy while cooking. One of the most helpful kitchen equipment is KitchenAid food processor.
The food processor is one of the most useful machines in the kitchen because of its versatility. They are capable of doing an essentially limitless number of food preparation jobs. And just when you think you’ve found them all, you’re taken by surprise by another. It minces, it grinds, it mixes, it kneads, and it doesn’t stop there. It can do so much more.
Why does my KitchenAid food processor not work?
If you use a food processor on a regular basis to slice, shred, and chop ingredients, you know that any slight malfunction can really slow down the process. What could be wrong when your KitchenAid food processor stops working? Why can’t get my KitchenAid food processor to start? We’ve looked to KitchenAid for potential problems to find the answer for you.
Why is my KitchenAid food processor not working?
Consider what you did when your KitchenAid food processor stopped working. There are many possibilities why your KitchenAid food processor does not work, some cause from misaligned bowl and lid, stuck button, overheated, jammed food stops blade and even inappropriately sized food.
Here are some of the reasons why and how to fix it.
1. It is not available.
It’s simple to fix. Check that the food processor is turned on. If it’s properly plugged in but the food processor still won’t work, unplug it first.
2.Not properly placed Bowl and Lid
The food processor will not turn on until the bowl and top are properly aligned and fastened. Always rotate the handle from left to right since the alignment tabs are slightly tapered to fit the bowl from one direction.
If the bowl is twisted, the alignment tabs may break. Place the bowl on the base such that the handle is to the left of the control buttons.
To align the feed tube cover with the bowl, turn it from left to right. After locking it, turn the feed tube to the right of the handle.
3. Stuck Button
When two buttons are accidentally pressed at the same time, the food processor fails because it is confused which function to perform. Remove the food processor from the machine and gently press or raise the buttons to neutral.
4. Defective Power Outlet
Plugging in another appliance will put the power outlet through its paces. If the appliance does not function, the circuit breaker in the outlet may have tripped. Locate the breaker box switch for the outlet and turn it to reset the circuit.
5. KitchenAid has overheated
Did the food processor turn off while you were using it? This might suggest that the engine has overheated as a result of continuous operation. Allow to cool for 30 minutes.
An overheated motor is indicated by a blazing indicator light. If the speed light goes out and the Off/Pulse light flashes, stop processing.
Disconnect the interlocking pusher, feeding tube lid, and bowl from the motor. DISCONNECTION OF THE FEED Reconnect the power, make any necessary adjustments to the bowl and lid, and resume.
6. Motor Is Disabled
The speed light will be on and the Off/Pulse light will be blinking if the motor is locked. To reset the motor, press Off/Pulse.
7. Disc Blade in Reverse
Some shredding and slicing discs are improperly constructed. Make a disc blade with the raised edge facing up. Position the disc’s center aperture over the stem’s metal pin and put it into the stem’s ridge to secure it.
8. Awkward Disc Blade No. 8
When fitted, the shredding and slicing discs should be at the top of the food processor’s lid. You may feed food directly onto the revolving disc blade with this configuration. It can’t operate since there’s a space between the meal and the rotating blade.
9. Food Jams Knife
Food becoming lodged in the disc or multipurpose blades may cause them to stop spinning. Turn off and disconnect the food processor before attempting to unclog it.
If squeezed, large food fragments might jam the blades and destroy the food processor.
Large meals, such as cheese blocks, carrots, and zucchini, should be fed slowly through the feed tube. Never feed by hand. To force food into the feed tube, always use the pusher.
To finely process coarsely chopped goods, press and release the Pulse, Chop, or Purée button in short bursts to break down the bits.
If you possess a KitchenAid food processor, you will most likely use it on a regular basis. Food processors may be used for a variety of tasks, ranging from soup preparation to pureeing infant food. Depending on how frequently you use your food processor, there is a chance that it will become worn out sooner or later. You can troubleshoot a food processor that has stopped working due to wear and tear or even a malfunction.
What do you do when your food processor stops working?
Here are some steps you can do when your food processor stops working:
Take apart a food processor as follows
- To disassemble the control knob, first unscrew any screws that are holding the body together.
- Remove any connectors that are necessary to completely separate the circuit board from the electrical supply. Remove any additional components that are in the way of accessing the internal components.
- Remove the base of the CPU by turning it upside down. Depending on the situation, you may need to pry some feet off first.
- Remove the drive belt and/or the drive gear from the drive motor.
- Remove the motor from the vehicle. Disconnecting the power cable and unscrewing any motor mounting screws are usually required for this.
Equipment for maintaining a food processor
- Remove the processor’s casing and any other components that are necessary to gain access to the gears.
- Cleaning the gears with a toothbrush and checking them for wear or damage are both recommended.
- Gears that have been damaged should be replaced. Check to verify that the gears are in good working order before reassembling them.
- Adjusting or replacing the drive belt of a food processor involves the following steps:
- Remove the casing as often as necessary to have access to the drive belt.
- To evaluate if the drive belt is too loose or too snug, manually move the belt in either direction.
- Make any necessary adjustments to the belt tension by loosening the adjustment wheel setscrew or nut.
- If required, replace the belt with one that has the exact same dimensions as the previous one.
- Check to see that the adjustment screw or nut is properly tightened so that it does not get loose.
To maintain the driving shaft of a food processor, do the following
- Using a screwdriver, carefully disassemble the device to reveal the drive shaft.
- If you can easily turn the drive shaft by hand, it is most likely worn and in need of repair, and should be replaced.
- As directed in the owner’s handbook, unscrew the drive shaft from the transmission. Some units are removed by prying them out, while others are secured in place with ordinary bolts.
- Examine the old drive shaft to see if it is the source of the problem. If necessary, repair or replace the item.
Is there a reset button on my KitchenAid food processor? How?
Yes, there is a reset button on the KitchenAid food processor, which is located on the Off/Pulse switch. By pushing this button, you may automatically reset the food processor, allowing you to operate it once more without interruption.
Depends on the reason why your food processor stops working is also the troubleshoot you will do. For example, if the motor is locked, just push the Off/Pulse button to unlock it. Allow the food processor to cool for 15 to 30 minutes if the motor has become overheated. Disconnect the bowl from the base of the food processor and remove the plug from the food processor. Reconnect the processor, realign the bowl onto the base, and begin the procedure all over again.
Related Question FAQs
Food processors are a highly common kitchen gadget that many people use every day. These gadgets are a wonderful complement to any kitchen’s equipment. They can be applied in a variety of situations.
In addition to preparing delectable soups and salad dressings, a food processor is an excellent tool for manufacturing pie crusts and pie dough. This remarkable cooking companion is considerably more than he appears on the surface.
1. What is a Food Processor?
A food processor is a kitchen gadget that mixes dough as well as chops, slices, dices, and liquefies various foods and ingredients. A blender or a mixer are both smaller appliances that may be replaced by this appliance since it has a greater capacity and a stronger motor.
Direct drive food processors and belt drive food processors are the two types of food processors available. A direct-drive food processor is similar in design to a food blender, with the engine located beneath the food bowl for easier access to the food. A belt-drive food processor connects the bowl and motor by use of a drive belt and wheels, which allow the two to be placed next to one other.
A food processor may be a terrific substitute for many of the items that you already have in your kitchen’s cabinet.Selecting the incorrect one may make using it less enjoyable, and you may end up missing out on the amazing evening you had planned to have.
2. How Does a Food Processor Work?
A food processor is essentially an electric cutter that chops and grates food in various sizes. The remainder is taken care of by the replaceable blades. Despite the fact that a food processor and a blender may be used in many ways that are similar, they are truly two different equipment.
Instead of using fixed blades, a food processor makes use of replaceable blades. It also includes bowls that are both bigger and shorter in length than those of a blender.
The amount of liquid required by a food processor is quite minimal. In order for the solid items to be combined around the blade of a blender, a larger volume of liquid will be required.
3. Which is better a food processor or blender?
When making soups or smoothies that involve a lot of liquid, a blender is preferable. When it comes to food that is mostly solid like nuts and requires more labor-intensive handling, such as chopping or slicing, food processors are the ideal choice.
Chopping a nut is one the best example of how helpful food processor is. There a ton of stores out there where you can buy the best food processor for chopping nuts.
4. How to choose a food processor?
While your budget is the most crucial aspect to consider when selecting a food processor, there are other variables to consider as well.
- Safety locking mechanisms are critical safety features to have.
- The size and power consumption of the processor
- Bowl capacity – when cooking for a big number of people, a food processor with a high capacity for huge quantities of food is essential.
- Controls for speed – There are two speeds (On and Pulse), although some processors have extra speeds or buttons that may be used.
- The diameter of the feeder tube
5. What To Do When Troubleshooting Doesn’t Work?
There’s another option you can choose if troubleshooting doesn’t work. You should contact KitchenAid Customer Service if you have exhausted all of the troubleshooting options and your food processor is still not functioning properly. If you have a KitchenAid, it is likely that it is still under warranty if it is still within the warranty period.Please keep in mind that your warranty does not cover any damage or difficulties that may emerge as a result of your own repair efforts.
A food processor is an excellent tool for preparing delectable soups, producing fresh salad dressings, pie crusts, and doing a variety of other kitchen jobs. This remarkable cooking companion is considerably more than he appears on the surface.
A food processor is worthless if the results aren’t as nice as freshly baked bread. Make sure to thoroughly clean the bowls and blades of your food processor after each usage in order to extend the life of the appliance. The things that can get stuck in those small grooves and cause your food processor to cease working are very remarkable to see.