Are you looking for a steam mop to keep your vinyl floors in top-shape? Well, you’ve come to the right place. A steam mop is a perfect tool for you if you don’t want to carry a heavy bucket of water around while rubbing the floor with a dirty mop.
As the name suggests, a steam mop utilizes hot steam in order to clean and disinfect various types of floors. And that includes vinyl floors as well.
So, what is the best steam mop for vinyl floors? Keep reading and you’ll find out !
Top 8 Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Plank Floors
We have thoroughly researched the top-rated steam mops in order to bring to you some of the most high-quality products that are suitable for vinyl floors.
These are our picks for the list of best steam mop for vinyl floors:
We are kicking off our list with the Shark Steam Pocket Mop. Shark is the leading brand in the industry when it comes to steam mops. And the Steam Pocket Mop is their minimalist, budget-friendly model that can easily take care of vinyl floors.
The best part about this steam mop is that it’s a dual-sided mop, which means you can clean the floors using both sides of the mop.
It features steam-on-demand technology that will allow you to start steaming whenever you please and it will help you remove those stubborn stains that are hard to remove.
This floor cleaner will sanitize your floors and kill all of the bacteria living on them without even using any harmful chemicals. Most chemicals used for cleaning floors can be irritating to the skin and they will put your children in danger.
So, just go for the new Shark Steam Pocket Mop. It would be an excellent option for you.
Shark Steam Pocket Mop Features:
- The Shark Steam Pocket mop features swivel steering and that’s why it’s easy to glide around obstacles.
- It has wash pads that are removable and washable. You can take them out and wash them in order to make them reusable.
- It can not only clean vinyl floors, it also works well on laminate, hardwood, tile, marble, and stone flooring.
- As it features dual-cleaning, it will extend your cleaning time by a wide margin.
If you thought that our previous entry was amazing, you’ll be surprised to learn that Shark has made another model that’s specifically made for vinyl floors which have exceptional quality.
The Shark Genius S5003D has a large water tank capacity of roughly 220 milliliters. This steam mop is capable of cleaning the majority of medium to large sized homes.
It features three different settings to choose from. You can easily choose the setting that’s favorable to you. These settings will allow you to control the amount of steam that gets released from the steam mop.
It also features a Genius head that channels the steam and concentrates it into a specific direction. That’s why this steam mop is so efficient at tackling stains.
If you are looking for a steam mop that can deep-clean your entire house, you should purchase the Shark Genius S5003D.
Shark Genius Hard Floor Mop Features:
- The Shark Genius S5003D steam mop features double-sided, washable pads.
- The dual-pads provide an extended runtime. You can use this steam mop constantly without needing to stop.
- It features touch-free technology and a steam blaster that will allow you to make the house beautiful by getting the floors squeaky clean.
- Its steam channeling feature distributes the steam all throughout the pocket. Then the dirt-grip pads absorb all of the dirt and debris.
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multi-Functional steam mop
The Light N’ Easy steam mop is a type of all-in-one steam mop that has versatile functions and it’s ideal for any household. This mop can do pretty much anything that you can think of.
In fact, it’s actually much more than a mop. Thanks to its vast array of accessories and attachments such as a tile grout cleaner and numerous microfiber mop pads, the Light N’ Easy steam mop can easily take care of any kind of cleaning task.
This steam mop releases steam at 212 °F. This steam easily removes stains. It features a detachable handheld steamer that adds extra flexibility to the steam mop so that it can tackle tight areas that are hard to clean using a regular mop.
It can be turned into a handheld steamer that has a lot of functionalities of its own. For instance, you can use the handheld steamer in order to get rid of the wrinkles from your clothes.
LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Features:
- The Light N’ Easy Steam Mop has a dimension of 46.4” x 11.8” x 6.8”.
- This multi-functional steam mop can also be used as a steam cleaner by detaching it from the base.
- The handheld steamer can be used for clothes and furniture steaming.
- It has multiple steam settings and you can set it from low to high.
The Shark S1000A model has a unique design and it’s quite different than the steam mops that we have reviewed so far. It’s not automatically activated. And you have to activate this product by yourself by pumping it.
It can clean all types of hard floors as long as the floor is sealed. We must remind you of the fact that, this product is a floor cleaner and it can’t handle above-floor cleaning. So, if you’re searching for a steam mop that can clean above floors, you should consider buying the other mops on this list.
The assembly process of this steam mop is quite easy. Just install the handle and attach the cloth at the bottom of the mop and you’ll be ready to roll.
Shark Steam Mop Features:
- The water tank of the S1000A mop has a total capacity of 12.68 ounces.
- It utilizes heated steam in order to sanitize the floor.
- It doesn’t use any harmful chemicals, and it doesn’t leave any residue behind.
- It weighs around 4.6 pounds.
Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1 by PurSteam
Are you looking for a child and pet safe steam mop that will clean your entire house and make it spotless without even using any chemicals? If that’s the case, the Pursteam ThermaPro steam mop is just the product for you.
It provides roughly 99.99% sanitation and it will kill almost all of the bacteria living on your floor. It gets ready for use almost instantly and it kills germs at a faster pace.
This steam mop is highly versatile, and its surface scrubber is specially made for removing tough greasy stains from vinyl floors. It’s light and easy to maneuver around the house. You can use it for hours on end without feeling any back pain.
Steam Mop Cleaner Features:
- The PurSteam steam mop has a large reservoir with a maximum capacity of 340 milliliters.
- It features microfiber pads made by PurSteam themselves. It’s made of ultra-thin and soft microfibers. They are quite effective at making the floors shiny.
- It can be used on hardwood, vinyl floors, carpet as well as fabrics.
- The PurSteam mop comes with a wide array of accessories such as nylon brushes, straight nozzle, bent nozzle, window squeegee, etc. that you can install on this steam mop to increase its versatility of usage.
Steam Mop, LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer
We were blown away by the quality and amazing features of this 1500W steam cleaner made by LIGHT N EASY. We were also surprised at how easy it was to put together.
This steam mop is designed to clean ceramic, hardwood, vinyl, marble, and linoleum floors. And the best part about it is that it only weighs around 3.5 pounds. It’s so lightweight that even a child could use it.
It’s also quite eco-friendly and you don’t need to worry about your kids or pets getting affected by any unsafe chemicals. It comes with a one-sided, washable microfiber pad, and attaching this pad to the mop is really easy.
Steam Mop, LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Features:
- It utilizes the user’s hand motion to determine the amount of steam that gets released. If you move the steam mop quickly back and forth, then it will release more steam and vice versa.
- It features an ergonomic handle and a quick-release extension-cord holder.
- You can buy an additional attachment for this steam cleaner that will allow you to steam clean your carpets. It’ll only cost you a couple of bucks.
- It features a flexible head and its cable has a length of 20 feet.
The Bissel SpinWave Steam Cleaner
The Bissel SpinWave is one of the most highly rated electric steam mops in the market and there’s a good reason for that. It provides flawless cleaning performance and its quality is unmatched.
It practically does all of the work for you and you can just relax and move it over the floor. Its scrub rotation feature thoroughly cleans all types of surfaces. And this steam cleaner is suitable for use on hardwood, laminate, and marble floors.
It’s really lightweight and you can effortlessly carry it around from room to room. And it features soft pads that will ensure that you don’t damage your sealed flooring. It also works with any kind of cleaning fluids.
Bissel SpinWave Steam Features:
- It comes with a water tank that has a capacity of 28 ounces. And it has a power rating of 0.9A.
- It features high-quality scrub pads that can take care of greasy, sticky messes.
- You can control the amount of cleaning solution that gets sprayed on the floor by using its spray trigger.
- The Spinwave steam mop doesn’t cause any noise while cleaning.
- It comes with 8-ounce multi-surface cleaning formula.
Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit
We have chosen the Rubbermaid Reveal spray mop to be our last pick on this list. Not only that, but this product is also our best-valued pick.
It provides enough moisture so that the pads don’t damage the hardwood or vinyl floors. You can also use the microfiber pad whether it’s wet or dry. This patented mop pad has special zones that can tackle stubborn dirt and debris.
It works with any kind of cleaning solution. The mop pad is reusable and you can wash it easily in your washing machine. You won’t have to go and buy a refill every single time you want to clean your home.
Just put some water into the bottle and mix a little bit of detergent or any other cleaning solution that you may have lying around the house.
Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Features:
- The microfiber pads can be machine washed a maximum of 100 times.
- It’s 50% more efficient than traditional mops.
- It features a reusable 22 oz. bottle that will let you fill your own cleaning solution.
- This spray mop comes with a spray trigger that allows the user to disperse as much solution as he/she pleases.
How to Clean Vinyl Floors?
Installing a new vinyl flooring on your house can spice up the look and feel of your home. But you have to take good care of it in order to maintain that glow of your new flooring.
The key to keeping your vinyl floor in tip-top-shape is by cleaning it regularly. Here are the steps to cleaning your vinyl floor:
- Your first task is to sweep the floor or vacuum it in order to remove any dirt that could cause the floor to get scratched.
- Take a gallon of hot water and mix your favorite cleaning solution with it.
- After that, take a sponge or microfiber mop and dip that mop into the solution.
- Mop the flooring using a back and forth motion.
- Let the floor dry, and you’re good to go.
- Alternatively, if you want to choose a faster and more efficient method of cleaning the vinyl floors, we suggest you use a steam mop or a spray mop.
- At first, assemble the steam mop and put water into the tank.
- Let it heat for a few minutes and start cleaning.
- After you’re done, let the floor dry.
FAQ about Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Plank Floors
Are steam mops safe for vinyl floors?
That’s a tough question. In general, steam mops are quite safe to use on various types of floors. And that’s also true in the case of vinyl floors. However, if the steam mop disperses steam at extremely high temperatures, then it could cause the vinyl to warp.
Why Steam is Better Than Just Regular Cleaning?
Steam mops operate at incredibly high temperatures. And that’s why steam cleaning is much more effective than the traditional methods of cleaning. In fact, steam mops can kill up to 99.99% of bacteria without using any chemicals.
Is steam mop good for vinyl floors?
If you want to retain the integrity of your vinyl floors, we suggest you go for a traditional method of cleaning. That’s because despite being resistant to water, vinyl floors can get damaged by the steam if the steam penetrates the joints.
Do steam mops damage vinyl floors?
Steam mops can potentially cause damage to vinyl floors. This happens when the steam doesn’t dry up quickly, and the moisture seeps through the vinyl planks. This causes the glue which holds the planks in place to loosen.
Can you use Lysol on vinyl floors?
Yes, you can, and you should use Lysol to clean vinyl floors. Lysol is an all-purpose cleaner that can clean almost all types of surfaces. It not only cleans the vinyl plank floors but also disinfects them as well.
Are steam mops better than regular mops?
Using a steam mop is much more advantageous than regular mops. The head of the steam mop absorbs the dirt and debris from the floor. The heat released by the steam kills the dust mites and bacteria.
What not to do while cleaning vinyl floors?
Don’t use any kind of abrasive cleaners while cleaning vinyl floors. And always try to avoid using any ammonia-based solutions. It can cause the vinyl planks to break.
We hope that our research and detailed reviews have helped you narrow down your purchasing decision. By now, you should be confident about which product is right for you.
Thanks for staying with us. And before you leave, we should share our top pick with you. And that is the Shark Steam Pocket Mop. Nothing beats its quality and cleaning performance on vinyl and hardwood floors. Indeed, it’s the best steam mop for vinyl floors.
- Top 8 Best Steam Mop for Vinyl Plank Floors
- Shark Steam Pocket Mop Hard Floor Cleaner
- Shark Genius Hard Floor Cleaning System Pocket (S5003D)
- LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Multi-Functional steam mop
- Shark Steam Mop Hard Floor Cleaner S1000A
- Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1 by PurSteam
- Steam Mop, LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Floor Steamer
- The Bissel SpinWave Steam Cleaner
- Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Mop Floor Cleaning Kit
- How to Clean Vinyl Floors?
- Final Verdict