Home is a place of relaxation. But it will be turned into a stressful place, if not cleaned properly. The steam cleaner can be a great way to clean the floor of your house within the shortest time possible. The automated tool removes every single dust and debris from your floor. Today we will introduce you to some of the best steam cleaners for tile and grout.
While shopping for the steam cleaner, you may feel overwhelmed as there are thousands of varieties of choices available. We will review some of the market-dominating best handheld steam cleaner for grout and floor that you can choose for cleaning your tile and grout. We will also give you an in-depth buying guide.
How Does Steam Cleaning Tile and Grout Work?
Steam cleaners are instruments of choice for most people when it comes to cleaning tile and grout floors. The reason for that is steam cleaners are quite powerful and they make the tedious task of cleaning nasty stains off the tile and grout flooring much easier.
The process of steam cleaning isn’t that complicated. A steam cleaner is capable of heating water up to 200°F and they come with nozzles that are attached to the cleaner.
This nozzle blasts out extremely heated and pressurized steam directly onto the tile and grout. And steam cleaners also have microfiber mop pads that are specially designed for cleaning different kinds of surfaces.
The user uses a back-and-forth motion with the cleaner to thoroughly clean the tile and grout floor. But before you steam clean your tile or grout floor, make sure you vacuum the floor and then mop it.
Are steam mops safe for tile, laminate, and hardwood floors?
The answer is yes. You can use steam mops in order to clean tile, laminate, and hardwood floors. But there are some things you must know before you can start steam cleaning these types of floors.
First of all, tile floors have a high moisture resistance and so you can easily steam clean them. Laminate floors on the other hand are not resistant to excessive moisture and the planks can get warped if you’re not careful while steam cleaning this type of floor.
On the other hand, hardwood floors are quite durable, but they are bounded together using adhesives. And these adhesives can get damaged if the moisture from the steam cleaner seeps into the planks.
So, please make sure you exercise caution while steam-cleaning hardwood and laminate floors.
Tile and Grout Steam Cleaner – Which Brand is Best?
Below, we discussed some of the best grout steam cleaner brands:
- BISSEL: Bissel is one of the most popular manufacturers of quality cleaning tools. They have been in the market for a long time. They have some of the best-selling cleaners in the market.
- Dupray: Dupray is famous for manufacturing top-notch and premium grade products. Though they cost a little bit more, the products offer you superior performance for a long time without any issues.
- PurSteam: PurSteam has some of the best-selling steam cleaners in the market. They are famous for offering the best customer service to users. The products of the manufacturer are also available at a reasonable price.
How to use a steam cleaner on grout and tile?
Grout is something that stabilizes the tiles on the floor. Tires don’t get clean quickly, but the grout does. They attract dirt, debris, and get dirty quickly. That is the reason why they become dirty instantly. Here is how you will use a steam cleaner to clean the grout off from tiles:
- Fill the steam tunk with water and then turn it on. Give it a few minutes to increase the water temperature.
- Now turn the steam on with the recommended spray rate. Then scrub on the grout in the backward and forward stroke. Repeat the procedure until the sticky substance starts coming off.
- Now rinse the cleaned section with water. If required, repeat the procedure.
- Use grout sealer after cleaning on gout if required.
How to pick the best steam cleaner for Tile and Grout floors
Here are some essential things that you should consider while buying a steam cleaner for tile and grout.
The steam cleaner is usually a handheld product. That means you will need to hold it while using it. As a result, it should be lightweight so that you can use it with ease. It will be better if it arrives with wheels for easier turning.
Long Power Cord
While using a steam cleaner, you will need to cover a large area. That is why it is essential to select a cleaner that comes with a larger power cord. It will allow you to reach any area of your house without any issues easily.
Big water tank
The cleaner requires water to produce steam. As a result, the bigger the tank is, the more steam it can produce. That means you can work for a long time. Try to go for a steam cleaner that arrives with a bigger water tank so that you can complete cleaning the whole tiles and grout of your house at once.
The steam cleaner is available at different prices depending on its quality features and construction quality. Most of the steam cleaners are available at a reasonable price. However, some high-end products may cost you some extra bucks as they arrive with specialized features.
You may not want the cleaner to tear down after a few uses. That is why it is essential to check the construction quality of the cleaner while buying. Try to choose the one that is made from high-quality material for long-term performance.
30 Sec Quick Summary – Best Steam Cleaner for Tile and Grout
- Best commercial steam cleaner for tile and grout: BISSELL Spinwave Powered Cleaner
“Comes with an abundance of accessories and its ergonomic design makes it easy for the user to steam clean the entire house.”
- Best multi-purpose steam cleaner: BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro Vaccum Cleaner
“You get to clean any kind of surface you want, with the power of steam provided by the BISSELL Crosswave vacuum cleaner.”
- Best steam cleaner for tiles: McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner
“Don’t want to go through the tedious ordeal of manually cleaning every nooks and cranny of the house? If so, go for the McCulloch MC1275”
- Best steam cleaner ceramic and tiles: Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
“Comes with a variety of attachments and it’s quite versatile as it can clean different types of surfaces and appliances.”
- Best steam cleaner for hard floors: BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Cleaner
“If you want to freshen up your floors and make them free of germs and bacteria, then BISSELL PowerFresh steam mop is your new best friend.”
- Best steam cleaner for cleaning grout: PurSteam World’s Best Steamers
“Has a user-friendly design and it doesn’t break the bank. So, if you’re on a tight budget, go for this steam cleaner.”
- Best handheld steam cleaner: Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro
“It’s one of the best handheld steam cleaners that we have ever tested. This steam cleaner is ideal for cleaning inside the kitchen and the toilet.”
Best Steam cleaner for tile and Grout
Here are reviews of our top picks for the best steam for tile and grout. We discussed them in details below:
1. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
The BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner is one of the best-selling tile and grout cleaner available in the market currently. It comes with a stylish appearance with compact, lightweight, and other unusual properties. It arrives with all the required features to ensure smooth user experience. The product weighs only 9.5 pounds, and it measures 8x15x45 inches. It comes in the perfect size for easier using. Such properties make it one of the best steam mop currently.
The BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner has reusable pads. The pads are well-built to clean off any scrubs or sticky dust from your floor. There are two types of pads where one is for heavy-duty cleaning, and the other is gentle cleaning. The gentle cleaner pad lets you use it on the sensitive tiles which get spots or scratches while using. With the optimized design of the pad, it will ensure a safe clean of your floor.
The BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardwood Floor Mop and Cleaner include a removable detergent tank to provide ultimate convenience. You can spray the detergent as required and also control the quantity of cleaning solution coming out on every spray. The stick design of the cleaner is ergonomic and comfortable to hold. That means you can easily use it without any fatigue for a long time.
BISSELL Spinwave Features:
- Include soft-touch and heavy-duty pads for different types of floor.
- Built-in 28 ounces water tank capacity; power rating 0.9 amps.
- On-demand spray to spray the right amount of detergent every time.
- Multi-surface formula cleaning agents work on different floors.
- Ergonomic stick design for easier use.
- It only weighs around 11 pounds and features swivel steering; that’s why it can easily clean around obstacles.
- Compatible with vinyl, laminate, linoleum, tile, and sealed wood floors.
What We Like:
- Despite being a remarkably powerful machine, it provides whisper-quiet operation.
- Comes with two 8 oz. formula for cleaning various types of surfaces.
- Features soft-touch reusable mop pads.
- Has a spray trigger that lets you control the amount of formula that gets sprayed during cleaning.
What we don’t Like:
- It’s a bit expensive and so you must consider paying a few extra bucks.
- The spray function of the steam cleaner is tough to handle.
2. BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet/ Dry Vacuum Cleaner
The BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro, All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop, is another excellent cleaner that comes from the manufacturer BISSEL. The arrives with a beautiful and ergonomic appearance to ensure a smooth user experience. The brush roll of the cleaner is made from cloths to absorb the cleaning solution and water for proper cleaning. More so, the cloth is soft for better scrubbing and also ensures the safety of your floor. There are two tanks on the cleaner; one is for cleaner and freshwater, and the other is used for the debris and dirty water.
The water tank is marked to let you know how much water should you add with the cleaning agent. You can easily remove the dirty tank when not in use. There is a small lip on the tank which works as a handle to let you quickly remove the container from the device.
Operating the BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop is very easy. There are cleaning mode knobs on the handle so that you can easily choose the preferred mode. With the knobs, you can select the floor types, and the machine will set the motor power according to this. The trigger for releasing water and cleaning agent is also ergonomic so that you can easily access it while working.
BISSELL Crosswave Pet Pro features:
- Two separate tanks for cleaning solution and dirty water.
- Vacuum and sweep the floor at the same time to ensure better clean.
- Two operating modes for hard and rug floors.
- An innovative microfiber and nylon brush for thorough cleaning.
- Features a pet hair strainer and also a pet brush roll for cleaning various kinds of surfaces.
- It’s capable of cleaning laminate, sealed wood, tile, pressed wood, and linoleum floors.
What We Like:
- The pet hair strainer that comes with this steam cleaner is resistant to tangles.
- It’s remarkably versatile as you can use it as a dry vacuum on both carpet and dry floors.
- It’s highly effective at cleaning hard floors.
- Can clean nasty stains with just a few passes and it won’t leave that much of a residue.
What we don’t Like:
- You have to clean the crosswaves after every single use which can be a chore.
- The dirt tank is tiny.
3. McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner with 18 Accessories
The McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner is one of the most intuitive cleaners available in the market currently. It is basically a one-person army to clean all types of floors, carpets, upholstery, and other furnishings. It arrives with a steam lock switch that lets you keep the stream come out constantly without stopping. Another considerable feature of the cleaner is the powerful jet nozzle. It can target a specific area and remove the dirt or debris from there within no time.
The McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Cleaner includes a wide variety of accessories. As the company advertises, you can turn this machine into a heavy-duty steam mop. The attachment also allows you to different types of flooring, including sealed, wood, laminate, and others, with the help of the accessories. It has a large 48 pounds water tank, which lets the machine create steam for more than 45 minutes in a row. With all the great features, it is one of the best tile cleaners currently.
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty features:
- Clean different types of floors, including wood, laminate, sealed.
- Large capacity tank with 48 ounces for 45 minutes of cleaning.
- Extra-large foot power cord and steam hose for superior reach.
- Eighteen versatile accessories to increase the function of the product.
- Attachment utility can clean off grease and grime easily.
- Its 9-foot steaming hose makes it easy for the user to clean the tricky areas around the house.
- Features a jet nozzle that’s quite powerful and can concentrate the flow of steam to get rid of the grime and dirt.
What We Like:
- Features a steam trigger that can be manually locked in order to make sure you get a continuous steam supply.
- Works on various types of floors such as grout, tile, granite, and laminate.
- Can provide continuous steam supply for an extended period.
- Can be used to clean ovens, patios, and BBQ grills.
What we don’t Like:
- As it has small bristles, they get worn down quite easily.
- The brush attachments can come apart after a few months of use.
- Produce high sound while operating.
4. Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer
The Dupray has an excellent reputation for supplying quality cleaning tools for a long time. The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer is one of the popular products of the manufacturer. The lightweight cleaner weighs only 9 pounds, letting you work with it easily. It has a large tank that can hold up to 54 ounces of water so that you can clean off all the tiles or floor of your house at a time. It takes around 7 minutes to heat the water to a high temperature.
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Multipurpose Heavy Duty Steamer has a portable handle that fits in the cube design of the cleaner. As a result, it is easy to hold and workaround in any direction. Moreover, as it has wheels, you can turn it without pushing hard. Filling up the trunk is also easy. All you need to do is separate the cap and fill it with water. The cord of the product is also well designed and lets you wrap around and store it easily.
Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner Features:
- a large tank which can hold up to 54 ounces of water
- takes around 7 minutes to heat the water
- Includes wheels to let you turn any direction with ease.
- Well-designed cord for more accessible storage and wrapping around.
- It can heat the steam for up to 275 degrees Fahrenheit or 135 degrees Celsius.
- This steam cleaner provides up to 50 minutes of cleaning time.
What We Like:
- Features a steam lock mechanism that provides continuous steam for a long time.
- Can be used to sanitize and clean countertops, BBQs, ovens, and sinks.
- Is highly effective at restoring tile and ceramic floors.
- You can kill the bed bugs and dust mites that are plaguing your bedsheets using this cleaner.
What we don’t Like:
- The amount it puts into the steam while cleaning isn’t enough.
- The mop’s handle is a bit short.
- It takes a lot of time to refill water.
5. BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner
The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner is yet another excellent product from the reliable manufacturer BISSELL. The first and foremost thing you will see about the product is its beautiful design. It looks aesthetic with a white and blue colour combination. It seems more like a vacuum then the steam cleaner. It has cleaning pads that are held in the head of the tool with the elastic band. The pads are made from microfiber. That means you can clean them and reuse them multiple times without any issues.
The BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop, Floor Steamer, Tile Cleaner has multiple steaming modes to choose depending on your working application. It includes two cleaning pads where one is soft, and another is scrubby for tough cleaning. It also includes a carpet glider to clean carpets smoothly.
BISSELL PowerFresh Steam Mop Features:
- looks aesthetic with the white and blue colour combination
- Two cleaning pads, including soft pad and scrubby pad.
- Different working modes to choose for various applications.
- Carpet glider to clean carpets smoothly.
- Comes with spring breeze discs for providing a fragrance that persists after cleaning.
- Is compatible with linoleum, marble, granite, hardwood, and ceramic floors.
What We Like:
- It can even get rid of the dried-off stains that are hard to clean.
- This steam cleaner kills off 99.99% of the germs and bacteria living on the floors.
- Its soft and scrubby mop pads are washable and reusable.
- Do not use any chemicals to clean the floors.
What we don’t Like:
- Cord length can be an issue for some users.
6. PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Chemical-Free Cleaning
The PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Chemical-Free Cleaning is a feature-rich steamer that you can choose for your cleaning works. It is designed to let you clean the things around quickly and effortlessly. The one cleaner makes you clean everything, including doors, windows, other surfaces along with the tiles and wood floors. One impressive thing about the cleaner is it is chemical-free, which means you can be tension free while using the tool.
The PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Chemical-Free Cleaning Kit require only 4 to 5 minutes to warm up the water. We didn’t notice a lot of steamers that can steam water that fast. It has a 9.8-foot long cord, which means you can use the steamer anywhere, including home and outdoor. More so, it can produce 30% more steam than the other brands, which means you can get a better clean with it.
PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Feature:
- Include a 9.8-foot cord for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Cleans all types of floor and windows, door, and car.
- Heavy-duty attachment with a nine-piece accessory kit.
- It requires only 3 to 4 minutes to steam the water.
- Features 9 different types of accessories that help you clean all types of surfaces.
- Can be used to clean laminate tiles, granite, ceramic tiles floors as well as cotton/wool carpets.
What We Like:
- Its steam gets rid of the grime, grease, molds, dust mites, and bed bugs.
- You can also use it to sanitize your mattress, bedsheets, and pillows.
- Can be used to sanitize countertops, ovens, microwaves, countertops, etc.
- It’s ideal for indoor and outdoor use.
What we don’t Like:
- No Major cons Found
7. Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1
The Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 is one of the most convenient tiles and grout cleaning tool that you can choose for a convenient performance. The versatile cleaning tool can be a great way to clean different types of floors and a lot of things with ease. It is a well-built steam mop which arrives with easy to use operating system and lightweight design for hassle-free use. The handheld cleaner includes a 340ml reservoir and a flexible hose, which produce adequate power to clean your things.
As the manufacturer claimed, the Steam Mop Cleaner ThermaPro 10-in-1 can clean laminate, hardwood, tiles, carpet, etc. without any issues. More so, the design of the product is entirely pet and child-friendly, ensuring you that it will not harm them while operating. It has three adjustable modes that can help you to maintain the steam level according to your application. It can be operated for 20-25 minutes in a row.
Steam Mop Cleaner Features:
- Ten plus accessories allow you to clean multiple things.
- Three using modes to choose according to your application.
- Pet and kid-safe with 100% natural and chemical-free cleaning.
- Operates 20 to 25 minutes in a row without any issues.
- Its reservoir can hold up to 11.5 oz. of water and the water gets heated and ready for use in just 30 minutes.
- Comes with replaceable fine microfiber that makes your floors squeaky clean and shiny.
What We Like:
- Provides completely natural steam cleaning and does not use harsh chemicals.
- Sanitizes the surfaces and kills off 99.99% of the germs living on them.
- Can be used to clean sealed stone, glass, and grout.
- It’s quite lightweight and that makes it easy to maneuver.
What we don’t Like:
Small reservoir and short cords.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will Steam Not Ruin Your Tiles?
If you’re sure that the tiles on your flooring were installed properly, then you have nothing to worry about. Your tile floors won’t be harmed even if you expose them to steam cleaning.
How do steam mops work?
A steam mop heats the water in its reservoir to roughly 250 degrees Fahrenheit and it releases that steam through a mop pad that’s used for cleaning.
Are steam mops bad for grout?
Steam cleaning is not bad for grout if you only use steam while cleaning. Grout will only get harmed if you use any kind of chemicals during the cleaning process.
Do steamers really clean grout?
Yes. Steam cleaners are highly effective at cleaning different types of surfaces and those surfaces include grout.
What is the best way to clean tile floors and grout?
As we have illustrated in our article, using a steam cleaner or a steam mop is the best way to clean tile floors and grout.
The above-mentioned best steam cleaner for tile and grout have been chosen based on our in-depth research considering various aspects of the product. We considered the construction quality, ease of use, included accessories, etc. while selecting them. You can choose any of the products without any further thoughts from the list according to your budget.