Steam cleaning has become quite popular in recent times as it’s an effective method of sanitizing and deodorizing all types of surfaces. You can use these products to clean the flooring of your house, your bathroom fixtures, and even your kitchen.
But the question is, can a steam cleaner kill dust mites? And if so, then which product is the best steam cleaner for dust mites?
Fortunately for you, there are a lot of versatile steam cleaners in the market that are designed for getting rid of dust mites. Stick with us and you’ll find the product you’re looking for.
Top 5 Steam Cleaner for Dust Mites in 2020
In order to help you find the best steam cleaner for dust mites, we have compiled the following list. Here are some of the most highly rated steam cleaners in the business:
McCulloch MC1275 Heavy-Duty Steam Cleaner
If you’re serious about getting rid of the dust mites from your carpet and you’re searching for a professional-grade steam cleaner, then you should look no further than the McCulloch MC1275 steam cleaner.
It utilizes ordinary water and it can raise the water’s temperature as high as 200° Fahrenheit. It’s quite effective at cleansing and sanitizing various types of surfaces. It comes with a variety of attachments that make it remarkably versatile.
This steam cleaner can take care of the toughest tasks in your workshop or in your garage by utilizing these attachments. The accessories include nylon brushes, floor mop, squeegee, scrub pad, etc.
It can clean various kinds of surfaces such as granite, grills, laminate, ceramic tile, wood flooring, and so on.
McCulloch MC1275 Features:
- It features a hefty jet nozzle that can focus the steam’s flow and this ensures that the grime and dirt get removed from the surface.
- The water tank of this steam cleaner has a total capacity of 48 ounces. That’s why it can provide continuous steam without requiring any refills.
- You can push the steam-lock switch in order to get a continuous flow of steam without having to press the button all the time.
- It also comes with a floor mop that can be attached to the steam cleaner. It can clean up all kinds of sealed floors.
Hoover FH50150 Power Scrub Deluxe Carpet Cleaner Machine
The Hoover FH50150 model is one of the best options for you if you’re looking for a steam cleaner that can get rid of all impurities and embedded dirt from your carpet. Its superior drying capacity is what sets it apart from the rest of the products in the market.
The Hoover Deluxe carpet cleaner is the ideal tool for extending the lifespan of your carpet. And not just carpets, this cleaner is also capable of cleaning all types of fabric surfaces in your home.
The FH50150 cleaner comes with a 20 ft. cord that will enable you to clean all of your rooms without needing to unplug the device. It’s the best carpet cleaner for dust mites.
It comes with a Spin-Scrub brush mechanism and a rinse option which will enable this carpet cleaner to mix the detergent automatically. And its DualV nozzle forces hot air through the carpet in order to reduce the drying time.
Hoover FH5015 Power Scrub Cleaner Features:
- This product comes with accessories such as an upholstery tool, a bottle of solution, a stair tool, and a crevice tool.
- The Hoover Deluxe cleaner features a dual-tank system that stores clean and dirty water simultaneously.
- Its smart tank mechanism makes filling and emptying the tanks feel like a breeze.
- It comes with an 8-inch upholstery tool and hose that can be used to clean the stairs.
Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1 with Convenient Detachable Handheld Unit
This steam Mop cleaner made by PurSteam has a futuristic design and it performs outstandingly well. Moreover, it’s highly effective at killing dust mites.
This product is capable of cleaning virtually anything that you can think of due to its versatile design. And look we know that nobody is a fan of cleaning. But with the Steam Mop cleaner, you can clean your whole house easily and at a quicker pace.
It features a flexible hose that can be used to clean carpets, garment products, windows, glass, and mirrors. Additionally, it can make heated steam and get ready for use in just 30 seconds.
This Steam Mop cleaner also comes with a surface scrubber that can be used to clean glass, stainless steel, sealed grout, or sealed stone. You could also use this product to clean vinyl, hardwood, ceramic or porcelain tiles, etc.
Steam Mop Cleaner Features:
- This product is safe to use around children and pets because of its extensive safety features.
- It comes with three adjustable modes which let the user choose the setting that’s appropriate for the situation.
- You can set the steam at 340ml/ 11.5 ounces to get 20-25 minutes of continuous steaming.
- It doesn’t have any complicated installation process. All you have to do is just install the accessories and you’re ready to roll.
Are you tired of mopping your floor using a regular mop? If that is the case, why not give the Shark Steam Pocket Mop a try? You certainly won’t regret it.
The Shark Steam Pocket is one of the most affordable options available in the market right now. Although it doesn’t come with that many attachments like the other entries on our list, it has many outstanding features that make it worth buying.
It gets heated in a matter of seconds and it can effectively remove grime, dirt, and stains from the floor. It features a double-sided pad.
So, when one side of the microfiber pad gets dirty, you can easily flip it over and start cleaning again. It’s can be called the best steam cleaner for killing dust mites?
Shark Steam Pocket Mop Features:
- This steam mop operates by a pumping motion where the motion of your arm as you mop keeps the steam pressurized.
- This product can sanitize and clean marble, stone, tile, laminate, and hardwood floors.
- It utilizes water to create the steam and so you don’t have to buy any detergent or floor cleaner for it.
PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
If you’re thinking about purchasing a steam cleaner that can clean your whole house without facing any issues, you should seriously consider the PurSteam handheld steam cleaner.
It has a unique design and its functionality is a bit different from the other steam cleaners on this list. It comes with a 9-piece attachment set that will help you clean the tricky areas of your home.
These accessories are well-made and durable. They are designed for targeted cleaning. It can clean vents, sofas, doors, and baseboards. You could also use it to get rid of the water deposits that get accumulated in the shower, tub, or sink.
It can also come in handy in the kitchen. You can defrost the freezer, clean grease from your microwave, or sanitize the countertop.
PurSteam World’s Best Steamers Features:
- It utilizes heated, pressurized steam in order to eliminate grime, mold, grease, stains, and of course dust mites.
- It features a 9.8 ft. cord that will allow you to even use this steam cleaner outdoors.
- The PurSteam steam cleaner can clean wooden floors, wool carpets, ceramic tiles, and wallpapers.
How to steam a mattress for dust mites?
First of all, in order to steam clean a mattress for dust mites, you’ll require a steam cleaning machine. Once you have it, plug it into the wall, pour water into it, and heat the water to 180 degrees. Then blast the steam on your mattress. It will sanitize the mattress and kill the dust mites and bacteria.
Can a clothes steamer kill dust mites?
The answer is yes. You can actually use a clothes steamer to kill dust mites. A clothes steamer is quite effective at creating steam vapor that sanitizes any kind of surfaces and destroys the germs, spores, bacteria, and dust mites living on it.
How do we reduce dust mites with steam cleaning?
In order to reduce dust mites, you should steam clean your carpets on a regular basis. It will not only clean your carpet; it will also destroy the dust mites in the carpet.
How do dust mites and molds enter the home?
Dust mites live on dead skin cells and that’s why they make their habitant on areas that are likely to have dead skin cells such as beds, carpets, and furniture. And that’s why they enter your home in order to make their suitable habitat.
Do steam cleaners kill dust mites?
Yes, steam cleaners do kill dust mites. A steam cleaner can make your pillows, mattresses, and carpets allergen-proof.
How does steam cleaning get rid of dust mites and molds?
The heated steam released by a steam cleaner can penetrate the rugs and carpets and the heat in the steam destroys any organisms that may be living there. And that’s why steam cleaning is the most effective way to kill molds and dust mites.
How Effective Is Steam Cleaner in Killing Dust Mites?
If you steam clean your carpet, it will lessen the number of dust mites living in it by a considerable margin. A steam cleaner can effectively get rid of 87% of the dust mites from a surface.
Why is Vapor Steam Cleaning Good for Dust Mites and Molds?
Steam cleaning is good for killing molds and dust mites because it’s a harmless process and it’s also quite eco-friendly.
Does Steam Cleaning Kill Dust Mites, Fleas, And Bed Bugs?
Steam cleaners use heat and water in order to disinfect a surface off fleas, bed bugs, and dust mites. It also removes any dirt or grime that’s stuck to a surface.
A high-quality steam cleaner will enable you to use the power of super-heated vapor in order to eliminate all of the dust mites living on your carpet. Hopefully we have answer the question, “What steam cleaner is best for dust mites?”
If you’re not sure about which one to buy we suggest you buy the McCulloch MC1275 steam cleaner. It’s the best steam cleaner for dust mites. The other products are only suited for cleaning some specific kinds of surfaces.
But the McCulloch MC1275 steam cleaner will kill the dust mites all over your house. And the best part about it is that it does not use any harmful chemicals.
- Top 5 Steam Cleaner for Dust Mites in 2020
- Final Verdict